Today is the best time to live in this world because technology has been helping us. Technology gives solutions to our modern-day problems. And one of those problems is tooth loss that brought us dentures. It is critical to take good care of your dentures to ensure that it serves their purpose. Here are some suggestions on how to care for dentures.
Dentures might be challenging to wear at first. It could take some time to adjust to them. Denture difficulties can be avoided by properly caring for your dentures and visiting your dentist every six months for regular exams. See your dentist straight away if you notice any changes in your denture fit or if you have any other mouth issues.
The question is, why do we need to care for dentures? Taking good care of your dentures will maintain their quality when you first have them. It can also elongate the lifespan of your dentures. Having that in mind, yes it is important to take care of dentures. And here are 6 ways to care for dentures.
- Handle dentures with caution. Your dentures are fragile and can easily shatter. Stand over a sink filled with water or set a towel on the counter to hold your dentures. In this method, your dentures will be safe if you drop them. Keep your dentures out of the reach of children and dogs as well.
- Brush your teeth at least once a day. Brush before putting in your dentures. Clean and massage your gums, tongue, and roof of your mouth every day. That will assist you in maintaining a healthy mouth.
- Keep your dentures in a safe place. When you’re not wearing your dentures, keep them clean by soaking them in a denture-cleaning solution or warm water. Use cold water instead of hot. Your dentures may lose their shape if you use hot water.
- Do not use toothpicks or sharp objects. Toothpicks can damage your dentures.
- Never wear your dentures while sleeping. Do not sleep with your dentures unless your dentist instructs you to do so for a particular time. Such as:
- After several extractions
- The first delivery of new dentures.
- Daily clean your dentures. Here are some cleaning suggestions for your dentures:
- Soak your dentures in a denture cleaning overnight.
- Thoroughly clean dentures before inserting them in your mouth each morning.
- Brush your dentures with a soft-bristled brush or a denture-cleaning brush.
- Ask your dentist for a denture cleaner recommendation.
- Never use powdered household cleaners, bleach, or toothpaste on your dentures since they are abrasive.
Always remember that while caring for your dentures is crucial, it is best if you trust the dentist that issued your dentures. It will avoid future problems in doing so. If you have denture problems or looking to find a place you can get your dentures to contact, Waller Dental is the best place to go. Aside from well-fitting dentures, we will advise more tips on how to care for dentures. So you can maximize their lifespan. Visit our website to learn more about us https://www.wallerdental.com/ or call us at 936-372-2673.