When you think of straightening your teeth, it will be challenging to decide between Invisalign vs. braces based on their pros and cons. Always do your research and ask your Orthodontist before making your final decision. Treatment also depends on the type of problem you need to have corrected.
Braces are made of metal and attached to the exterior side of your teeth. On the other hand, Invisalign is using plastic aligners to move your teeth.
What Are Some Advantages Of Invisalign?
- Because of its complete invisible look, Invisalign looks way better than your traditional braces.
- You have an opportunity to remove your Invisalign when you’re having a meal. This way, you do not need to follow any sort of diet.
- Not only eating but also removing your Invisalign while brushing and flossing your teeth becomes easier.
- Invisalign needs fewer consultations from your Orthodontist compared to traditional braces. Few visits to the Orthodontist means less time off work.
- They are comfortable to wear, which results in fewer mouth and gum problems.
What Are Some Disadvantages Of Invisalign?
- You need to wear your Invisalign for almost 22 hours a day; hence you need to be disciplined. Do not forget to wear them back after eating or brushing.
- It can be a little inconvenient wearing and removing your Invisalign. You will have to remove it before eating and drinking or when in public. Please keep it in a safe place and wear it back on after brushing your teeth. If you miss out on brushing your teeth before putting them back on, the food particles can cause cavities and bad breath.
- The cost of Invisalign can get a little higher compared to traditional braces.
- If you require complex orthodontic treatment, Invisalign isn’t the best option for you.
What Are Some Advantages Of Braces?
- You can have braces implemented in all types of treatment.
- No matter how difficult is your treatment, braces can help you correct your mouth.
- With braces, it is possible to achieve an accurate result.
- You have a wide variety of braces to choose from. Colored or plain, lingual or ceramic, the options are endless.
- Closing gaps and aligning your teeth can be faster with braces.
What Are Some Disadvantages Of Braces?
- You might not like the look of traditional braces. It can make you self conscious about your appearance.
- Brushing and flossing your teeth become extremely difficult with braces on.
- It would help if you were careful when having your meal. Something that can damage your braces should be avoided.
- Braces need regular visits to the Orthodontist to make sure everything is as per the plan.
If you are looking to achieve the smile you have been craving but are not sure if you should wear Invisalign or braces, you can always reach out to us for assistance. We’re just a call away. Call Waller Dental now at 936-372-2673.